Friday, May 22, 2009

To Be 18 Weeks Pregnant




I don't think I "popped" yet. I definitely am starting to "show" , but to me, I don't think it has fully come out yet. With my first pregnancy, this was around the time I popped.

I had a blood test today for a modified sequential screen. Basically, it is a little more sensitive of a test than the first trimester test. I had an AFP test when I saw the OB 2 weeks ago. He called me with the results today and said it was good news which means I tested negative for Spina Bifida. I asked the nurse who was drawing my blood what the test today was all about. Basically, since I had the AFP at the doctor's office, this test was probably not necessary. Lovely. It is so fun to get blood tests just for the hell of it.

I am pretty sure I started to feel the baby move. I remember the inital feelings last time around and not realizing it was the baby moving when I felt the first inital flutters. You would think I would know better this time. However, I think it is hard in the beginning anyway, because you don't know if it is the baby or your stomach growling or doing something similar. I think I have felt it a few times, but it is not consistent, and that is how it feels in the beginning.

Next Wednesday is the BIG ultrasound day. As long as the baby cooperates, we will find out the sex. I can't wait to find out. Wednesday can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment